Tuesday 7 June 2011

WilliWycombe's Willy Hill £10 challenge: Peaks and Troughs

I should have perhaps explained the nature of the challenge in a more lucid way in my previous blog. Just to recap, on the weekend of the Champions League final, I bet £25 of my own hard-earned money and recouped £22.50. In other words, I didn't break even.

I want that £2.50 back and fast. So, I've deposited another £10 in my account with the hope of winning at least £12.50 to cover my previous losses.

I am, however, a betting coward. My strategy thus far has seen very mixed results. I've played safe options, betting 20p here and there to win 6p back and it hasn't been getting me any nearer to my goal.

Last night, I did enjoy some creditable success. Rather than bet on match-winners, I've taken to gambling on the number of goals and whether there will be under or over a certain amount.

The dull Argentinian Primera Division served me well with my prediction that Argentinos Juniors and Estudiantes would conjure less than two goals at 2/1 pulling in £3. I'd also plumped for a goal-fest between Jamaica and Grenada and should have been less conservative than to say there may only be more a guaranteed two goals scored.

This morning, before today's bets were placed, I was edging back towards the original £10 outlay. Here's hoping there's at least one goal in the game between Japan and the Czech Republic and two between Australia and Serbia and the Faroe Islands and Estonia.

Current Balance-£6.53

Follow me on Twitter @williwycombe for live updates and send me your tips to help me reach my target!

No comments: